Top 5 bands that rock my world (Jan 07)

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

twm-o

extremely wisdomous
Oct 22, 2002
under the table
can people venture forth some key tracks, coz im not sifting through opeths back catalogue for a song that will change my life.

btw - all the tracks i pointed WILL change your life. Face!

TwistedNerve

*Gemma*
Jul 5, 2003
Treforest
www.myspace.com
Arcade Fire ( Neon Bible)
And you will know us by the trail of dead ( So Divided)
Deftones ( Saturday Night Wrist)
Klaxons ( Myths of the near future)
Toyko Police Club ( A Lesson in Crime)

Also digging Amy Winehouse, I bought the album a few weeks back and im just getting in to it now.

ZpoonZ

Bar-B-Q Pope
Sep 22, 2003
london, england
www.princess-leoncie.co.uk
Arcade Fire
The Shins
Tokyo Police Club

arcade fire - heard the new album a few times. i found it totally forgettable. i loved funeral, too. i guess it's hard to live up to THAT much hype the second time around...

tokyo police club. again, heard it a few times. made no impression on me.

the shins though, FUCKING HELL.
best. album. ever.
well, it's the best one that i've ever heard... recently.

Vacant0

You Love Us
Dec 27, 2003
arcade fire - heard the new album a few times. i found it totally forgettable. i loved funeral, too. i guess it's hard to live up to THAT much hype the second time around...

tokyo police club. again, heard it a few times. made no impression on me.

the shins though, FUCKING HELL.
best. album. ever.
well, it's the best one that i've ever heard... recently.
Really? I found it immediately better - and I fucking love Funeral. Strange.

The Shins new one is quality as well.

twm-o

extremely wisdomous
Oct 22, 2002
under the table
problem is for me right now, is that sounds get bastardised so quickly. i was listening to this band called little man tate and it is THE most painful thing i've ever heard. pure wank. and a blatent tug on teh coat tails of the Arctic Monkeys.

right now, there are alot of indie bands going down the big sound, pseudo gothic orchestral route and encrouching on what was previously Fire territory. Im not saying that they invented it, but they perfected it on Funeral.

Neon Bible isnt as immediate as Funeral, but it will grow. The pimped version of No Cars Go will melt faces off.

Dec 14, 2002
Newport
Comeback Kid - Broadcasting [Best Track: 6 - One Left Satisfied] ... its not gonna change your life its just good.

Casket Salesman - Sleeping Giants [Best Track: 6 - The Anaheimlich Maneuver] ... members of a static lullaby making softer music nearly stoner rock.

Dustin Kensrue - Please Come Home [Best Track: 2 - Pistol] ... Singer of thrice's new solo album folk/ acoustic... awesome.

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor [Best Track: 4 - Kick Push] ... kinda like kanye west.

Vaux - Beyond Virtue, Beyond Vice [ Best Track: 8 - The Rope, The Pistol. The Candlestick] ... just good.