The 2006 Battle of the Bands Final!!

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
skwad said:
bit shit it ended on audience vote, therefore battle of the bands became who showed up with the most mates on the night. not really a pro approach when theres 500 quid on the line

if it really was all about audience vote, black dragon would have walked it - they brought 100+ friends, family and fans with them.

the audience vote was used to split the first and second placed bands.

cornerstoner

funky_monk!
Mar 22, 2005
chaaaris but!
www.myspace.com
any way u judge a botb is gonna be criticised

i think judges are the best way 2 go as crowd vote is just a popularity contest, gives the band more incentive to bring loadsa ppl, that way the just win without being the best band on the night, which is poor

however i know black dragon brought loads, so mr maggs must of been good, and there must of been more of a 50/50 cut of judge n crowd vote

well done 2 all the bands anyways heard it wos a slammin night, congrats mr maggs

Vacant0

You Love Us
Dec 27, 2003
Ha Ha - everyone's heard it was a slammin night? Did anyone on here actually go to this final?

rockstar48

Apr 5, 2005
i was there too.......a lesson to CORONAJONES me thinks, bring some mates next time and you might of won!:-/

marcuswarner

Mar 10, 2003
cardiff/pontypo
Im really glad for mr. maggs, we have played a fair number of gigs with them and regard them as muckers, i know this was an important gig for them so well done boyos! I have played with said mike to and they are a good young band...

I mean i can hear mr maggs influences, especially in the guitars...and its good to see a band be a bit different so all the best to them.

rockstar48

Apr 5, 2005
Ricky a.k.a Rape Boy said:
would you really wanna win just cause ur mates vote for you? id rather win because im the best band there

good point mate.........but some Said Mikes mates aint gunna vote for Mr Maggs cause Mr Maggs were better on the night....or Black Dragon fans vote for Coronajones cause they have better songs..............things like that aint gunna happen mate.....................at the end of the day Mr Maggs bought enought people to vote for them and they played well on the night, so they won..........thats the nature of battle of the bands.........both Toast and Coronajones could of won but neither of them bought many people and they both didnt play very well on the night....................battle of the bands are taken way too seriously by everyone!!.............they are just a bit of fun, it doesnt mean anythink......yeah Mr Maggs won, but a band who got knocked out in the first round could get signed to a major label tomorrow and become the biggest new band from Wales...........debates will just go on, well done to Chappers for another good year!!!!!!!!...........but i would say do the heats in Aberdare and just have the final at the Pop Factory next time.......then people might come to the heats...............anyway the beers on me chappers:cheers:

sturdy>>+

Rypod
DN Supporter
Jan 26, 2003
brynmawr
www.myspace.com
skwad said:
so thats a still who brought the most mates out of the final two. dont get me wrong i think mr maggs are a good band but thats the wrong way to go about judging it

yeah but no offence man you wouldnt have thought that if said mike had won

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
Ricky a.k.a Rape Boy said:
would you really wanna win just cause ur mates vote for you? id rather win because im the best band there

good point rick my dear.

i'd rather win because i had the biggest knob.

i would have flopped it out (surely would have won the judges vote) but there were kids in the audience. a lot of kids actually - i couldn't say 'cunt' on the mic at any point due to the pressure of social responsibility.

which was a bit of a cunt - maybe it contributed to us fucking up the intro!

Last edited:

phillipo46

Sep 25, 2004
i dont mean to sound offensive but everyone knew it was partially crowd vote. Everybody had time to organise mates and family getting down there. We had less than everyone else as we went through the last semi final. And bieng mainly a risca band our mates had alot further to travel also. the thing is no-one is ever happy with the voting method unless you win. When we entered i didnt think we'd win it. I just thought of it as gigs as im not really a fan myself of how these things are judged. But i dont mean to knock mr.chapman with that. The whole thing was superbly put on and chapman what a turnout for the final hey!!! We all knew that crowd vote was part of the scoring if anyone has a problem with it why did they bother entering???

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
phillipo46 said:
We all knew that crowd vote was part of the scoring if anyone has a problem with it why did they bother entering???

eggs-fucking-ZACTLY!

at the end of the day, it's not like a recording contract is on the line - the best band won (deservedly), why can't people just let it lie?