shame on me

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

Stitch

Jan 24, 2004
right then, i know that this is going to sound stupid coming from a bass player, but i have a question

I have just bought amarshall bass head from wonderful ebay, and am looking to buy a cab, or possibly two to go with it.

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. My amp is 200w, and i've seen cabs advertised varying from 400-1000w. what makes the most difference? if i have a 200 w amp and a 600 watt cab, will it be a 200w, 600 w or somewhere in between?

this is confusing the fuck out of me, so if someone could shed some light i'll love you forever

cheers

peace

Stitch

Jan 24, 2004
id love it tino, but i drive a micra lol

nice sound, too fucking big and heavy

xc0n

Jul 8, 2005
Make sure that you check the ohms, especially if linking cabs. The cab will still only output whatever the amp is running through it. As long as the amp does not supply more power than the cab can handle then you should have no worries about blowing any speakers.

PS

I have an old marshall dynamic bass system 2 x 12 cab lying around if your interested.