DIY gig change of venue!!!

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

one sick monkey

Grandmotherfucker
Mar 19, 2005
Swinetown
www.2sickmonkeys.com
Fucking great night!!!
All the bands were ace, top crowd too.....there was a bloody good atmosphere in the place and it was fucking fun to play.
Was great to see Kamikaze Sperm again, top people and top band, Freaky Fortnight just seem to get tighter and tighter every time I see 'em (and Swede Bob and the Little Hitler one are cracking songs!!) and Filthy Habits were ace, really reminded me of the stuff I grew up listening to (and still do!!) fast as fuck, short, no messing, old school punk rock with a brilliant Discharge cover at the end...proper job!!

So, Bron, cheers for having us, it was a pleasure as usual and hope to see ya soon....nice one!!

And one last Oi! Oi!! to Fishy, top man and a living, breathing, game of skittles...when you see him staggering towards ya, put your beers somewhere safe, or they'll go flying!! ha ha
:cheers:

Gigsta

eris kaoss
Dec 6, 2004
Cwmaman
www.littleeris.com
yay!

last night was a lovely thanks to all involved there will deffo be a gig next month I tink we have found a bit of a gem with the venue it just works so well for this kind of thing!

BRon xxx

Gigsta

eris kaoss
Dec 6, 2004
Cwmaman
www.littleeris.com
we got pissed there one afternoon and liked the beer garden and wacked out cider bums that go there so we asked if we could do a reggae disco there coz it's alternative but mellow enough for normal people to appreciate. we didn't ask for money etc and did a really good night with flowers and fairy lights and stuff and got people dancing and drinking. the guy got to know us a bit and could tell we aint in for money or to fuck about. we have an arrangement to do reggae disco every month which he will pay us and we can have punk gigs once a month.

the good thing as well is he aint interested in having other band nights coz we told him the scene can get over saturated quickly with too much going on so he is jus guna stick with our night so we don't have to compete with anything

next gig will be on the 3rd thursday in september

Scared Of Girls

SHOUTIST.
Jul 2, 2004
Aberdare
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM
that's wicked! it's good about the bloke saying that because people would be jumping on it for anything and everything otherwise, it's good that it's a place just outside the centre of town where you can have summin cool once a month!!

Gigsta

eris kaoss
Dec 6, 2004
Cwmaman
www.littleeris.com
lol hope to see u there next time then doz!

good thing about it is it so small u only need 20 - 30 peeps and it has a wickid atmosphere!

also we don't charge we just ask everyone to donate money like a quid or two for petrol for the bands. out of eveyrone asked only one dickhead refused to even give 10p but that woz coz he came with someone I knew and wasn't really there for the music. but to be fair people who aint there for the music aint really welcome coz this night is all about the bands and hearing something new. it will be different bands every month and there wil always be at least one band who has never played in aberdare before so it will stay fresh and exciting. yay!!!