• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
fairest to to judge.....get say 5-7 judges all impartial obviously & u do a series of voting until u get an outright winner...........after 1st round of voting the band with the lowest is eliminated.....2nd round of voting band with the lowest eliminted & so on until 1 band has at least 51% of the judges votes!

Fox of Hall

Drummers where art thou?!
fairest to to judge.....get say 5-7 judges all impartial obviously & u do a series of voting until u get an outright winner...........after 1st round of voting the band with the lowest is eliminated.....2nd round of voting band with the lowest eliminted & so on until 1 band has at least 51% of the judges votes!

that makes no sense to me, so i'll keep the judging simple

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
it aint feking rocket science!! 1 band gets eliminated every round of voting.....its the voting system they used on the olympic bidding

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
effffin ell.......4 bands.....say 5 judges......doesnt matter if its heats or final......at the end of the heat/final 5 judges vote...the band with the lowest votes from the 5 judges is eliminated..............therefore 3 bands left.....the judges then cast a 2nd round of votes......the band with the least is then eliminated etc......until u get a winner!! better with more judges tho

Fox of Hall

how about we just score the bands thru the night outa thirty and the band with the highest score at the end wins?

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
at the end of the day chief its night!.......had experience of botb's & just trying to add some proffesionalism & some fair play for all those who enter.

Everybody knows which ever way a BOTB comp is judged the best band never wins, its just a fact. If its just judges voting then its there personell taste or they usually know one of the bands well. If its crowd vote then, as in the BOTB at the Black earlier in the year if a band get loads of friends to the venue they will automaticly win whether they are good or shit. So I say let the bands play then play paper, scissors, stone for the prize!:headbang:

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
are you saying we're not being fair mate?

depends which voting system u use
for ne botb if its all down to a crowd vote then thats all bollox, a band that has a large following doest make them good. if it was all done on crowd votes, then in the blacks comp this yr as outsiders to the area & a relatively new band like corona jones wouldnt have made it past the 1st round, let alone the final. you need ppl judging these comps who are gonna being totally unbiased to their friends & unbiased to ther prefered genre of music. need a complete open mind.
there are also money issues with crowd votes which i dont agree with as well.

pickefoo

i still hate hippies
i reckon the best thing would be judge vote/crowd vote split this way...

judges vote (4 or 5 people) decide wheo wins/goes through.,

crowd vote (everyone) vote one band, and they win some kind of cash prize or something.

Fox of Hall

i reckon the best thing would be judge vote/crowd vote split this way...

judges vote (4 or 5 people) decide wheo wins/goes through.,

crowd vote (everyone) vote one band, and they win some kind of cash prize or something.

aye that was the orginal idea

"money issues with crowd votes which i dont agree with as well."

Money?? wtf?

sonicpurveyor

dont call me fuck nose
"money issues with crowd votes which i dont agree with as well."

Money?? wtf?

what i mean by this is if a botb was purely down to a crowd vote then its just aimed at getting butts in venue & paying punters & now to do with music. i still say just base them on impartial judges......get ppl 2 judge who work within the music industry

Fox of Hall

so your telling me if we just had it as a crowd vote we'd be doing this for money? i think not, if this even manages to pay off a quater of my p.a i'll be shocked, end of the day this is all for fun, even tho the prize is worth it ;), Btw to everyone else, the prize is still a secret untill you play your heats :D

Top Bottom