coronajones @ emergenza unsigned, saturday 26th of may

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
we've broken out of studio obsessed hermit mode to play the 'emergenza unsigned' competition; imagine a battle of the bands on steroids with major label A&R present and you get the idea.

it's a knockout style comp, starting in club CF10 (part of cardiff uni), with the regional final in the coal exchange (what a gig that would be!!!!) and the grand final in brixton academy, london.

the overall winner gets to play a huuuuuuge outdoor festival in germany - das ist gut, ya?

our round of the competition is on ***** saturday may 26th ***** at club CF10. this is guaranteed to be an amazing gig, with an amazing PA and an incredible sound. there will be a total of six bands playing on the night including us. this gig is an AGE 14 PLUS SHOW.

this is a rare opportunity to see coronajones playing at a decent venue in cardiff. it's even rarer that it's 100% guaranteed to be a pukka sound.

we've got to get as many people as possible to this - because
a) it'll be an awesome gig and
b) it'll be an awesome gig.

oh, and we've also got a couple of new tunes we'll be breaking in on the night. you might like them.

if you want to come along, please drop us a line on here or the myspace. we have 50 tickets @ £6 a pop. if we sell enough we will be able to bring the price down (by subsidising ticket prices out of any payment we'd be getting). you can pay in advance or meet us outside the venue. we're nice like that. the first 50 people to buy a ticket will get a free curly wurly*.

*provided they've got them at the local cash & carry.

come along and show us some love!

coronajones x

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
Plus the added bonus of a big crowd vote......

i know where you live and i will hunt you down like a dog - a hunting dog.

only kidding fella :)

the crowd vote counts, but it's probably a third of the overall vote, and three bands go through from each heat.

i don't want to come across as cocky / overconfident in the band... i just don't think the crowd vote will be that big a factor on the night.

if a band really wants to do a 'black dragon' and bring along 2 coaches full of footsoldiers, then hats off for their ability to do that.*

we want people there primarily because we rarely ever gig, so when we do gig we have a point to prove. hunger makes us angry :knockout:. angry like de niro in raging bull.

*no offence is meant by this statement. coronajones doesn't do internet arguing anymore.

cornerstoner

funky_monk!
Mar 22, 2005
chaaaris but!
www.myspace.com
we too are in this competition.....just so you know craig..and hopefuly we will see u down the coal exchange man and launch a full welsh assault on london and germany :D!!!

were playin the day before you!! take it easy amigo :D

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
i'd just like to clarify that coronajones has no control whatsoever over this event, including the door price, and needless to say we won't be seeing a penny of it either! :)

coronajones_cjm

wankety wank.
Apr 6, 2005
cuntsville
i think that's probably a good move! £10 a ticket!? someone is making a fast buck from this!

no comment! :)

I wouldn't worry as it was blatantly a cash thing for the organisers. They just move from one place to the next, giving bands a sales pitch to get them motivated into selling tickets for them.

again.... i'm :silenced:!

the first round was 8 quid on the door. it was at the solus bar at cardiff uni and the place was fairly rammed. i'd say maybe 150+ punters.

chasing dreams does turn out to be expensive.

definately the last BOTB thing coronajones will ever get involved with :headbang: