A thread for College/Uni Bums

• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. As a guest you can access most of the site but you can't post messages - to do that you'll just need to register for free. It's quick and easy.

Judge's Daughter

Too much to handle
Oct 31, 2005
Rhondda
Yeah, once you have spent three years of your life slavering away to get your degree.Once you pass that you then basically have to try and either get a Training Contract or a Pupillage. Depending on what route you want to go down i.e solicitor or barrister.

So yeah that is the training anyways, not too sure of the cost but all I do now is that is bloody competitive and hard to get either one.

Judge's Daughter

Too much to handle
Oct 31, 2005
Rhondda
Hmmmm.......I was thinking of going down the whole solicitor route. It's competitve and really hard to get a training contract but slightly easier than going into the whole barrister thing.
Also solicitors don't have to go into court that often so I probably wil deff stick with that. Already had an experience on my course for one of my assignments what it is to be like in court and argue. I did really well just didn't enjoy what I was doing. At the end of the day what is the point in doing a job like that just for the money. You got to at least feel confident in the work you are doing.

Lee Wills

S.....K...... eh?
Sep 12, 2002
Hirwaun<>Readin
I'll drink to that like. I'm told the lowest of the low in the law world is the personal injury people *cough* theives! *cough* . if you can avoid doing that im sure u'll do fine :)

Judge's Daughter

Too much to handle
Oct 31, 2005
Rhondda
Yeah, we are currently doing personal injury stuff at the moment. It's ok I suppose, but hasn't really interested me. I just can't wait for my second year when you can choose your modules, that should be fun.

Lee Wills

S.....K...... eh?
Sep 12, 2002
Hirwaun<>Readin
cool, my uni is weird with that, i had to pick modules for the 1st year , all the second year ones were compulsary and i get to pick em again wen i go back and do my 3rd year. seems a lil odd to me but im through them now luckily.

Judge's Daughter

Too much to handle
Oct 31, 2005
Rhondda
Sounds umm...interesting and very complicated lol. Well I am currently in Lancaster Uni studying Law as my major and Politics and International Relations as my minor. Oh joy!!

Lee Wills

S.....K...... eh?
Sep 12, 2002
Hirwaun<>Readin
lol, some bits are quite cool (i made a dragon like) but i just sit down, smile and nod in the lectures .... its easier that way :) your course is definatly summin to be proud of , it sounds pretty intense

Judge's Daughter

Too much to handle
Oct 31, 2005
Rhondda
Thank you. But I know what you mean about the whole lecture and seminar thing lol. Just nod in agreement to what everyone else is saying so it looks like you know what you are on about!