• Welcome to DragonNinja, a South Wales alternative music community. By viewing as a guest you can access most areas of the site, but you cannot interact (post gigs, videos, threads or comments) or search - to do that you'll just need to join us for free. It's quick and easy.

DN App?

RomanceDiesTomorrow

do we get2win this time?
Since my Internet time is now all done on the phone,anyone know how they would go about making a dn app?reckon would get more people involved.quick news feed and reply.simple and quick is the way forward.

Geek team assemble!

LukeD Dodgem

The Doctor Is In
for those of you on the iPhone, it already exists - you need the vBulletin app

EDIT - ignore this - vBulletin's app is for the techy side of things, but there is a VBulletin forum app im trying to work out now

Last edited:

LukeD Dodgem

The Doctor Is In
Ok, iPhone app to get is called Forum Runner - you can get multiple forums set up within the App - im not sure if its on BB and Android

WELLY

Chaos Trigger
There's a plugin you can get for the forum (needs to go forum side) called Tapatalk which you then download onto your handset.

LukeD Dodgem

The Doctor Is In
forget forum runner - its not compatible with DN - i will work it out by the end of the night - even if I have to hack the forum

WELLY

Chaos Trigger
Honestly, Tapatalk forum plugin and then the tapatalk app on your phone. Works a treat.

RomanceDiesTomorrow

do we get2win this time?
Pc died in 2007 when we all stopped using dn.will get onto the apps / plug on tomorrow.a specific dn app would be immense tho,this place may be relevant again!

Organism

Administrator
A custom DN app is possible, but a little too expensive for me to fork out on it at the moment.

For the time being I am in agreement with Welly, and as such I have installed Tapatalk. It's an app for Android/iPhone/BlackBerry - find it in your favourite market. It costs about £2 but then you can access a lot of forums through a convenient and simple app, not just DN.

When you have Tapatalk search for "DragonNinja" or find the site in the Music > Other category. Let me know how you find it...

WELLY

Chaos Trigger
Also I might know someone who could look into designing an app for you. I will ask them.